[Orgmode] Misaligned Chinese text in column view

From: Wanrong Lin
Subject: [Orgmode] Misaligned Chinese text in column view
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 17:15:52 -0500

Hi, Carsten,

Occasionally I use some Chinese text in my org files (I am a native Chinese speaker), and I find that in column view lines with Chinese text are misaligned, meaning those "|" dividers are off to the left by two characters. With fixed width fonts, each Chinese character occupies the space of two English characters, so the number fits well. :-)

In case you need some example Chinese text, here is a line.

* TODO 简体中文例子

This matter is really nothing important, but I guess as org-mode is so good now, it is not that easy to raise really important issues. :-)

Thanks.

Wanrong