RE: [Orgmode] New tutorial about using Org as a spreadsheet system

From: Chris Randle
Subject: RE: [Orgmode] New tutorial about using Org as a spreadsheet system
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 11:16:15 -0000

Hi Bastien,

Bastien Guerry wrote:
> Hi folks,
> i've made a small tutorial about the use of spreadsheet facilities in
> org-mode:
>   http://www.legito.net/worg/org-tutorials/org-spreadsheet-intro.php

Thanks. It was very useful. I use tables and spreadsheets quite a lot,
but I still learnt a couple of very useful things that I didn't know:
the formula editor and debugging.

As I followed along, I spotted a couple of things:

1) Under "Your first formula", the first vmean formula you show is a
column formula, whereas the text implies it should have been a field
formula.

2) I'd never used #+CONSTANTS before, and as I followed along I
discovered that I had to do a 'C-c C-c' on the CONSTANTS line before the
table had knowledge of it. It might be good to make that explicit,
otherwise the table shows #ERRORs. I got to use my new-found debugging
knowledge to work out why!

--
Chris Randle