[Orgmode] Cannot Access Agenda, plus Window bug (?)

From: Joel J. Adamson
Subject: [Orgmode] Cannot Access Agenda, plus Window bug (?)
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 11:27:03 -0500

Hello OrgMode users,

I'm using Org Mode 5.22a, installed today on Slackware Linux 12.0 with
Emacs 23.0.60.2.  I've gotten the following backtrace from (setq
debug-on-error t) when I call up org-agenda with my usuall "\C-a a"
command.

,----
| Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "before first heading")
|   signal(error ("before first heading"))
|   error("before first heading")
|   org-back-to-heading(t)
|   org-get-tags-at(240)
|   byte-code...
|   org-agenda-get-todos()
|   org-agenda-get-day-entries("/home/joel/usb/org/notes.org" (2 29 2008) :todo)
|   byte-code...
|   org-agenda-list(nil)
|   call-interactively(org-agenda-list)
|   byte-code...
|   org-agenda(nil)
|   call-interactively(org-agenda nil nil)
`----

I get no agenda, just "before first heading."

This started this morning (before I upgraded) in version 5.13i, when I
couldn't get from my org-agenda to the .org files: I would hit RET or
SPC on an agenda item, then the first line of file would appear at the
top of the window, the modeline disappeared and any attempt to switch
buffers enlarged the minibuffer to half the window height (using
iswitchb with many buffers open).  I could not switch to any .org
buffers.

This is after several days of uninterrupted perfect use.  My emacs
session was running since Monday.

Is either of these a February 29 bug?

Thanks,
Joel

--
Joel J. Adamson
Biostatistician

The information transmitted in this electronic communication is intended only
for the person or entity to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential
use of or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or
information in error, please contact the Compliance HelpLine at 800-856-1983 and
properly dispose of this information.