Re: [Orgmode] Bug? Installing from git master

From: Bastien Guerry
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Bug? Installing from git master
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2008 00:13:06 +0000

Adam Spiers <address@hidden> writes:

>> >  Is _everyone_ pulling from git in this room??
>
> :-)
>
>> I do.
>
> Me too.
>
>> `make' completes cleanly now.  Thanks.
>
> ... but only if you have erc installed (it's shipped with emacs 22 but
> not emacs 21):
>
> This is because org-default-extensions defaults to (org-irc):
>
> So it would be nice if it didn't default to (org-irc) for older
> emacsen.

I'd rather not load any module by default.  As far as I understand it,
the purpose of having `org-default-extensions' is precisely to let new
users have a simple and clean default install, with a simple facility to
get new modules loaded -- but only if they explicitely require so.

BTW, maybe the name of the feature "org-irc" is a bit misleading: since
it's really about erc, and since Emacs also comes with rcirc.el, it
should either be called org-erc.el or support links to rcirc.el.

Phil, what do you think?

--
Bastien