[Orgmode] Re: FR: pre-select applicable templates depending on the conte

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: FR: pre-select applicable templates depending on the context
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 09:12:40 +0100

On Mar 1, 2008, at 2:56 PM, Bastien wrote:

I have a few templates in `org-remember-templates': one that I mainly
use when I'm in my mailbox, another one that I mainly use when I'm
coding, one that I mainly use when I'm reading the web, etc.

I think it would make sense to reduce the number of available templates
when calling `org-remember'. This would be done by adding a new element
to each template:

          t: force pre-selection of this template in every context
'(major-mode): pre-select this template only in major mode (actually a
             list of major modes)
        nil: never pre-select this template, unless there are no other
             pre-selected templates

The default value would be `nil' for all template, so that the current
behavior wouldn't be touched.

Would people find this useful?

I would with the addition that I'd also like to allow a function
in there that would determine if the template should be pre-selected.

The trouble with implementing this is that you need to modify the
customize type, in a way that is compatible with older versions.
This has happened before with the org-remember-templates, therefore there
is already a :get element that normalizes the value.  Please modify this
in a way so that customize will swallow old settings.

Thanks, great idea.

- Carsten

--
Bastien