[Orgmode] FR: date marking in calendar

From: Wanrong Lin
Subject: [Orgmode] FR: date marking in calendar
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2008 16:36:14 -0500

Hi,

If I have (setq mark-holidays-in-calendar t), the calendar window will mark all holidays. I am thinking it will be great if we can mark appointments in org-files. Maybe we can have a command to do the following:

1. Find a subset of headlines using the usual todo, or tag-todo search syntax 2. Extract all active timestamps from those selected headlines and mark them in the calendar

Or we can have a function that simply extract all active time stamps from the headlines in an todo/tag-todo search result buffer and mark them in the calendar. We can then do the marking in two steps:

1. Find the headlines using existing org-mode commands
2. In the result buffer, invoke the "org-mark-calendar" function to mark the calendar

The marked calendar gives a better overview of things we are interested (appointment in my case), and make it easier to avoid conflicted schedules.

Wanrong