Re: [Orgmode] Sync appointments to Google Calendar

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Sync appointments to Google Calendar
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2008 14:54:38 +0100

On Mar 7, 2008, at 11:14 PM, Kyle Sexton wrote:

All,

I was wondering if it would be possible to only push certain event types
to an ical export.  I would like to export the event type of APPT only.
I love the idea of syncing to ical, but hate having every item listed
in my calendar.

My end goal is to have an entry like:

* APPT Dentist 10:00-11:00

And then sync that to Google Calendar which can then SMS me prior to the
event occurring.

This has not been possible so far, but it is now.

If you get the latest version from the git repository, you can do this
like this:

1. Create an agenda view that contains only the entries you want to have.
   Assuming you have APPT as a TODO keyword, here is one way:

   C-c a T APPT

2. "Write" this view to an ics file.

   C-x C-w /path/to/calendars/org-appointments.ics

This will write an ics file with all timestamps, deadlines, and scheduling
associated with the selected items.  If you have turned on
`org-icalendar-include-todo', the selected items will also be listed
as TODO items.

You can alos automate the creation of such an export using the means
described in

HTH

- Carsten

--