Re: [Orgmode] Release 5.23a

From: Xin Shi
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Release 5.23a
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 22:05:51 -0400

Bastien Guerry wrote:
Xin Shi <address@hidden> writes:

Is that possible to make it kill the buffer on the C-c C-e h case? Or
let user to customize this behavior?  I don't know the reason to keep
that buffer in this case.

I don't know what the default should be, I have no personal preference.
I think it's quite useful to have the exported file accessible through
the list of buffers even if you don't want to jump to it.

If there are programs still need to access that buffer, I agree to keep it in the buffer list. Otherwise, I don't think people want to EDIT that html file inside Emacs by hand :)

But I certainly wouldn't go for an option about this.

What people think?

I'm using firefox to view the output. If there are people still using the Emacs to view the output .html file, let's just keep it there.

Note two differences with "publishing": (1) publishing require a file to
be part of a project and (2) publishing will kill exported buffers.

I'm not sure where are these two differences comes from? Are they
behaviors in org or in general?

I'm not sure what do you mean by "in general".  In case of publishing,
since you can publish a project from *any* buffer, it doesn't really
make sense to keep the exported buffers alive, right?  As for the (1),
the truth is that it would be nice to be able to add a file to a project
on the fly.