[Orgmode] Org-mode on Windows

From: Manish
Subject: [Orgmode] Org-mode on Windows
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 16:28:39 +0530

Hello Everyone,

I would like to which terminal clients people use to run Cygwin Emacs
(on Windows) to run org-mode.  PuTTY with ssh, PuTTY with puttycyg
patch, rxvt, mrxvt, xterm or something else.  For some reason, I will
have to remove Windows Emacs and Cygwin port in PuTTY does not support
shift-arrow keys (it passes the combination as plain arrow keys).

I am very interested to know if there's another key combination that
can be used instead of shift+arrow or if someone is aware  of a
patched PuTTY that does work.

I found that xterm and rxvt do support shift+arrow key chord but mrxvt
does not (which is strange considering it's built on top of rxvt).  If
I have to use X then I would prefer to use mrxvt (tabbing, window
resizing etc., though no real fullscreen like PuTTY's).

Suggestions and advice please.

Thanks
-- Manish