Re: [Orgmode] Org-mode on Windows - Putty

From: Manish
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Org-mode on Windows - Putty
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 18:57:21 +0530

On Fri, Mar 14, 2008 at 5:59 PM, Giovanni Ridolfi
<address@hidden> wrote:

>  --- Tim O'Callaghan <address@hidden> ha
>  scritto:
>  > > On 14/03/2008, Manish
>  > > <address@hidden> wrote:
>  > I personally run the XEmacs windows native port.
>  > http://www.xemacs.org/Download/win32/index.html
>  >
>  > There is an up to the minute windows Emacs port:
>  > http://ntemacs.sourceforge.net/
>  >

>  I use the Windows port of GNU-Emacs
>  from:
>  http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/windows/
>
>  but I think this is not the point:
>
>  > >  For some reason, I will
>  > >  have to remove Windows Emacs
>
>  :-(
>
>  > > and Cygwin port in
>  > > PuTTY does not support
>  > >  shift-arrow keys (it passes the combination as
>  > > plain arrow keys).
>
>  Another option is to use the TTY-keys
>  e.g. you can substitute  S-<left> with C-c <left>
>
>                  Alternative
>  S-<left>        C-c <left>
>  S-<right>       C-c <right>
>
>  please, please, read the maual for full list:
>
>  http://orgmode.org/manual/TTY-keys.html#TTY-keys

Thanks for the pointer.  But it really is going to be inconvenient.

Shift-arrow works okay in rxvt but does not work in GNU Screen in
rxvt.  I tried exporting TERM=xterm as well.  Here are the results of
various key chords tried in agenda buffer.

M-[ a - S-up
M-[ b - S-down
M-[ c - S-right
M-[ d - S-left
M-o M-a - Alt-up
M-o M-b - Alt-down
M-o M-c - Alt-right
M-o M-d - Alt-left
M-O a - Ctl-up
M-O b - Ctl-down
M-O c - Ctl-right
M-O d - Ctl-left

I wonder if it would be possible to remap the command/function being
called by Shift-right to "M-[ c" or somehow remap "M-[ c" to
Shift-right?  I am no Emacs guru so I request to see if this makes
sense.

Thanks,
-- Manish