Re: [Orgmode] Add anniversary and org-mode

From: Richard G Riley
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Add anniversary and org-mode
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 11:24:50 +0100

Bastien Guerry <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Richard,
>
> Richard G Riley <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I used add anniversary in the agenda and ended up with
>> something like
>>
>> %%(diary-anniversary 3 19 2008) John's daughter's birthday.
>>
>> in my diary file.
>>
>> But its not showing up in my agenda or my calendar. What could be the
>> issue here? I even tried "c" in the calendar view to generate the agenda
>> for that day.
>
> Did you tell Org to include the diary?
>
> (setq org-agenda-include-diary t)

Yes, but it wasn't showing in my calendar either, as I mentioned above,
and I mistakenly assumed an issue with org-mode and calendar
incompatibility. Silly me. It turned out that anniversaries simply do
not show up on the starting date :-; Found that out in the diary wiki
courtesy of a poster in #emacs irc.