Re: [Orgmode] Timestamp rounding not working

From: Jose Robins
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Timestamp rounding not working
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 10:27:13 -0700

Carsten Dominik wrote:
Timestamp rounding does work for timestamps you enter interactively, and when you
modify a time stamp with the Shift-cursor keys.  But the time stamp inserted by the
clock commands does not do this - I implemented it like this under the assumption
that people would want to have exact times in this case.

Is this assumption wrong?
My *personal* preference is for the rounding to be applied to those time stamps as well. But I'm not sure of others. May be a custom variable that allows for this option would be a solution. Also after I've clocked out, when I do the Shift-cursor keys (on the standard ISO display and not custom display) on the resulting time stamps.. , the clock still do not seem to do rounding. I'm still coming into terms with all these time stamps ...

- Carsten