Re: [Orgmode] Re: Bug? Link to network file/dir does not work

From: Wanrong Lin
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Bug? Link to network file/dir does not work
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 14:22:48 -0400

If tramp/ssh works for you, the following link definitely
works, at least for me.

file:///ssh:remote.host:path/to/the/file

Xiao-Yong

Thanks. Good to know tramp links work, as I am sure I will need it sometime.

I have tried to use SSH/Tramp on Windows but the set-up is a challenge (putty does not work as a "ssh" replacement, and Cygwin ssh does not work either) . If you have a set up working on Windows, I would be glad to hear about it.

But still, even with SSH/Tramp working, I still think ideally whatever path that Windows file explorer accepts should work in org-mode too. Emacs already does so. If on Windows you do "C-x C-f" on a path "\\host\dir\file_name", there is no problem.

Wanrong