Re: [Orgmode] Re: editing repeat items

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: editing repeat items
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 07:50:01 +0200

Hi Richard,

yes, now it is clearer.

Org is not equipped to handle such a case, and frankly I am
not sure if there is much to gain.  You still need a time stamp
for each realization to attach the subject.  So you
can make separate entries just as well.

The only annoying thing is that you need to create those entries
all at once, instead of doing it as you go.

A good way to create the entries would be a keyboard macro.
If you insert the following text

** Pub Quizz
*** Pub Quizz <2008-03-25 21:30>

And leave the cursor at the end of the second line,
you can go like this:

C-x (           ; start macro recording
C-SPC           ; set the mark
C-a             ; go to beginning of line
M-w             ; copy
C-e             ; end of line
RET             ; new line
C-y             ; yank
C-u 7 S-right   ; shift date by 7 days
C-x )           ; end recording

Then you do

C-u 2 6 C-x e

And you got your 26 entries for the next 6 months.

HTH

- Carsten