[Orgmode] Re: Org-mode and taskpaper

From: Uwe Jochum
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Org-mode and taskpaper
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2008 10:30:27 +0200

Carsten,

Message from Apr 01 2008 (09:26):
> Reading this thread has really cost me a lot of sleep, but
> I have now come to the conclusion that we need to turn
> the tide and downscope Org-mode significantly.

this is what I wrote to you some months ago. Some say it is a symbol of
success when a piece of software becomes bigger and bigger because of
endlessly incoming feature requests; but I, personally, am inclined to
think that only a small portion of people will use all those very
special features, while more and more people will be frightened off. So
was I, after having used Orgmode for many, many months --- I decided to
give "Thinking Rock" a try, which is easy to use, integrates with
calendar software and is multi platform software (Java). I must confess
this, and I must confess also that I came back to Orgmode after three
months, because Orgmode has a much faster response time, offers
wonderful features (of which I only use a small part) and can be adapted
to what I want. To have this core functionality (an outliner and a tool
for task management, be it GTD or not) would be perfect and attractive
enough for those being non-programmers and non-geeks, as I am.

So, in short: I understand your conclusion very well, I share your
premises, and I support your decision!

Uwe