[Orgmode] "Untracked working tree file" error with git pull

From: Manish
Subject: [Orgmode] "Untracked working tree file" error with git pull
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 12:13:39 +0530

Hello,

While trying to get my latest org-mode fix from git this is what I
got.

    ,----
    | lappy:~/elisp/org-mode $ time git pull
    | Updating 2537ddc..862f6cb
    | fatal: Untracked working tree file 'contrib/ChangeLog' would be
overwritten by merge.

    | real    0m8.943s
    | user    0m1.140s
    | sys     0m1.370s
    | lappy:~/elisp/org-mode $ git branch
    | * master
    | lappy:~/elisp/org-mode $ date
    | Wed Apr  9 11:57:14 IST 2008
    `----

I renamed `CONTRIB/ChangeLog' to `CONTRIB/ChangeLog.old' and tried
again and this time it complained about `contrib/README'.  Are the
errors because of something I did?  I do not create or otherwise edit
any files apart from regular `make' and `texi2html org.texi'.  I tried
`git checkout -f' to no avail.  Any suggestions? Or do I have to do a
fresh clone?

OS: WinXP+Cygwin
git version 1.5.4.34.g053d9
Emacs 22.2.1