[Orgmode] Installing up-to-date org mode over an installed emacs-snapsho

From: Alan E. Davis
Subject: [Orgmode] Installing up-to-date org mode over an installed emacs-snapshot on Ubuntu
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2008 12:08:46 +1000

I am using a snapshot of Emacs (23.0.60.*) on Ubuntu. I believe this is a CVS snapshot, but it isn't up to date with org mode. I'm not sure it's useful for me to be on the bleeding edge, but if it is, what would be the best way to install the up-to-date package over the top of a package install? I find the package install is helpful, over compiling CVS, because it enables all the little nits with the OS. I thought of deleting the files in the emacs tree? Then installing the additional lines to .emacs.el?

I  wasn't able to find an answer to this.

Alan Davis

   butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet,
   balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying,
   take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations,
   analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a
   tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is
   for insects.                              ---Robert A. Heinlein