Re: [Orgmode] Re: miscellaneous prefix keywords like "TODO"

From: Eddward DeVilla
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: miscellaneous prefix keywords like "TODO"
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2008 22:51:54 -0500

On Sat, Apr 12, 2008 at 9:50 PM, Alan E. Davis <address@hidden> wrote:
> Alan E. Davis wrote:
>
> > On the orgmode web site there's a todo page.  There are a bunch of prefix
> words: TODO, IDEA, WISH, QUESTION, DECLINED, DONE
> >
> > I hope I'm not asking the obvious: how can I implement that aside from a
> list of alternative states?   Then have them show up in agendas?
> >

>  Maybe I have asked the obvious.
>  I found a note in the org manual about this variable:
>
>  (setq org-todo-keywords '((type "Fred" "Sara" "Lucy" "|" "DONE")))
>

>  Also, I have found and installed the following in a file:
>
>  #+TYP_TODO: TODO MAYBE WAITING NEXT DONE ONGOING
>
>  How can I use both?  Does the file variable override the variable in
> .emacs.el?
>  Perhaps I should have done more research, but I still would very much
> appreciate comments.  I admit I am somewhat confused, and my implementation
> is not well developed.
>
>  Thank you,
>
>  Alan

First off, the manual actually is quite good.  At least I've found it
to be a good reference and good for searching (when you view the
manual as a single file).  The lisp expression sets the default.  The
'#+' line overrides for the file.  Actually, I've never really use the
lisp expression.  Since there is now the ability to have multiple
sequences of todo states, I guess I don't know if it's an override or
if it's just adding a new sequence.  I would guess it's an override
though since I do not have the TODO/DONE sequence in any of the files
where I've added the '#+' entry.

Edd