[Orgmode] How to total a day's planned effort?

From: Manish
Subject: [Orgmode] How to total a day's planned effort?
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2008 17:29:40 +0530

Hello all,

  While doing the weekly review, I schedule things based on various
days.  I use column view to see estimated effort for various scheduled
tasks in a weekly view.  Then I do a mental sum of the effort
scheduled for the day and I find I am over-committing myself and have
to reschedule some TODOs to reduce that day's load.  I was wondering
if it's somehow possible to show the sum of estimated effort as part
of the overlay under the estimate column on the same line (or any
other suitable place) that shows the date.  Like so:

  ,----
  | Task                                   | Estimated | Actual |
  | Sunday    13 April 2008
  |   Category:     Sched. 2x: Test task   | 2:00      |        |
  | Monday    14 April 2008 W16            | 14:00     |        |
  |   Something:    Write the report       | 6:00      |        |
  |   Oracle:       Tune the beast         | 8:00      |        |
  `----

  How do others take care of this?

-- Manish