Re: [Orgmode] fixed width columns with wrapping?

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] fixed width columns with wrapping?
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 20:16:35 +0200

On Apr 24, 2008, at 12:07 PM, Alan Davis wrote:

I haven't seen this information. Using table.el, a fixed width table is
  wrapped.  This is an ideal format for me---my main reason for using
  table.el.

So, is it possible to do this in org-mode tables? I see a continuation
  marker.  Can the cell be wrapped?

No, it cannot.

Barring that, what is the best way to handle tables with multiple line
  "cells"?

You cannot, in Org-mode tables. You can have long lines, and when you export to HTML, these will become wrapped in the HTML table.

Org tables are single line per field, not going to change I'm afraid.

- Carsten