[Orgmode] Problem with agenda file list

From: Dan Griswold
Subject: [Orgmode] Problem with agenda file list
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 23:11:24 -0400

Hello all,

I've encountered a strange problem with the org-agenda-files
variable.

When I start up org-mode (which I do from my .emacs) the following
unsavory events happen:

  1. org-agenda-files is set to only the first file in the list;
  2. custom-set-variables is set to just org-agenda-files (blowing
     away all other customizations);
  3. custom-set-variables and custom-set-faces are written to .emacs,
     even if custom-file is set to a different file name (as in my
     setup).

Any thoughts on why this is happening?

I'm using org-6.02a under Emacs 22.2.1.

Thanks,