Re: [Orgmode] Bock quotes or indented quotes in org text

From: John Rakestraw
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Bock quotes or indented quotes in org text
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 19:45:57 -0400

On Tue, 29 Apr 2008 11:09:05 -0600
"Charles Martin" <address@hidden> wrote:

> It seems like I *much* just be having a senior moment, but I can't
> figure how to get a block quote or indented text in org mode.

There may be some better ways to do these things, but here's how I do
it --

With an initial indentation, I just insert spaces to set the indentation
when I start typing a paragraph and each following line wraps to map
that indentation.

If a new line follows an indented line, tab will move the new line to
the same indentation as the indented line it follows.

Or if you're finishing a paragraph that's indented and want the next
paragraph indented the same amount, use M-j instead of return to start
the new paragraph.

If it's text that's already typed and you want to indent it, use
indent-region. (But again, this doesn't work for me unless it follows a
paragraph that's indented.)

--
John Rakestraw