Re: [Orgmode] org-mode support on aquamacs?

From: David Kritzberg
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] org-mode support on aquamacs?
Date: Mon, 5 May 2008 03:03:58 -0600

Hello Folks,

I use orgmode primarily with the emacs 22.1.1 that comes with ubuntu
Gutsy 7.10.

Recent updates to orgmode seem to have "broken" a couple things I was
used to  in earlier versions:

1. the tab -- when editing text under a bullet previously, hitting the
tab key would auto-indent a line of text regardless of where the
cursor was in that line.  Now, I need to place the cursor at the
beginning of the line to do this, the same as I would do if I was
editing in some plain text mode.

2. when scheduling/re-scheduling dates in either agenda view or an
outline view, "C-c C-s fri" would re-schedule the event for the
upcoming Friday.  Now I can still do "C-c C-s +5" if Friday is in 5
days, but I have lost the 3-letter abbreviations for days of the week
in this context.

I wrote an earlier post describing the same behavior a couple weeks
ago, and at the time I was thinking it was an mac/aquamacs problem,
but now it has happened on putty/windows over ssh to my ubuntu machine
as well.

Any feedback or suggestions would be appreciated.  Maybe I have
something in my .emacs that is in conflict with recent contributions
to the orgmode codebase?

Thanks,
Dave

Dave Kritzberg