[Orgmode] Blank lines in numbered lists need a space after the dot.

From: address@hidden
Subject: [Orgmode] Blank lines in numbered lists need a space after the dot.
Date: Mon, 5 May 2008 22:40:52 +0100

This is odd, but since I've not yet taken the time to update my org- mode to the latest version, perhaps this is a non issue. Would someone with an up-to-date version try this out.

org-version reports: Org-mode version 5.23a

version reports: GNU Emacs 22.1.50.1 (powerpc-apple-darwin7.9.0, Carbon Version 1.6.0) of 2007-10-02 on applecore.inf.ed.ac.uk - Aquamacs Distribution 1.2a

I have the following list under a headline, with blank entries:

*** Vacation Days
   1. <2008-03-20 Thu>
   2.
   3.
   4.
   5.
   6.

If I (fold and then) unfold the headline to "CHILDREN", I see the following:

*** Vacation Days
   1. <2008-03-20 Thu>...
   3.
   4. ...
   6.

This looks odd to me: item number 2 is folded, as is item number 5. It looks like an out of sequence list, so I tried to renumber it using C-c C-c. Then I see:

*** Vacation Days
   1. <2008-03-20 Thu>...2.
   3.
   4. ...5.
   6.

In recreating this, I discovered my inconsistency which seems to cause this: line items number 2 and 5 do not have a space after their period. Add some spaces, and there is no weirdness. Take all the spaces away, and then "CHILDREN" folded headlines look like:

*** Vacation Days
   1. <2008-03-20 Thu>...

Now that I know that what looked like an 'out of sequence' list is just folded in a weird way, I'm over it. I can certainly add the place holder space when I create blank line items manually (they are added automatically when I use M-<return>. But it is curious, and probably unexpected behavior. Is this easy to fix or has it already been fixed in the current update?

Maybe no fix is required.

-Ben

(And thanks again for org-mode, and the mailing list too!)