Re: [Orgmode] Minor bug in time grid view in agenda buffer

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Minor bug in time grid view in agenda buffer
Date: Tue, 6 May 2008 15:37:52 +0200

Hi Jose,

On Apr 29, 2008, at 6:12 PM, Jose Robins wrote:
Bug Description
Let's say I have a scheduled entry which I've scheduled for today with the time of 7:15-8:30 am (using a time string on the item) and I have another entry for 8:30 am to 10:00am. Now I have set it up such that the default times to be shown are whatever is set by default. I also have set it such that if an entry exists for a particular time, no empty grid line should be shown. However, 8:00-8:30 still shows in the gridline view (as an empty line) even though an entry exists from 7:15 - 8:30 am. However, if I make it from 8:00 to 8:30 am, the empty grid line entry disappears.

Yes, this is currently not possible to change this.  Lines are only omitted if there is an entry starting on that time.  I guess it could be fun to devise a graphical display for the calendar, showing the lengths of appointments, but I have not had time for this.

Question/Wish Item
Also is there a way to allow for times after 12:00 pm to be shown in am/pm format instead of 24 hour clock in the time grid view?

That is also not possible.  It might be relatively easy to do if there was enough interest for such a feature.  I think in 24 hour clocks, so I myself do not find this necessary/useful.

- Carsten