OT: HOWTO Configure TeX:: was Re: [Orgmode] Rebuilding orgcard for US L

From: Eric J. Haywiser
Subject: OT: HOWTO Configure TeX:: was Re: [Orgmode] Rebuilding orgcard for US Letter
Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 09:23:00 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 19 May 2008, Marc Oscar Singer wrote:

Nick Dokos wrote:
Marc Oscar Singer <address@hidden> wrote:

  Your TeX installation seems to be misconfigured/incomplete.

That was true.  Once I installed it, I was able to run make doc.
Unfortunately, I still was getting an A4 sized orgcard.  I had to
add -t letter to the dvips command to coerce the output to be
letter.  Not sure why.

If you are running the teTeX which ships with many Linux distros, the
default paper is A4.  Running texconfig then selecting paper|letter
from the menus should solve your problems.  The same solution may work
in other circumstances as well.