Re: [Orgmode] firefox urls

From: John Rakestraw
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] firefox urls
Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 21:49:37 -0400

On Tue, 20 May 2008 16:46:37 -0400
Nick Dokos <address@hidden> wrote:

> when bzg/org-annotation-helper calls org-remember with argument ?w, I
> expect this template to pop up in a *Remember* buffer. Instead, I get
> asked which template I want to use (I have three more templates in
> org-remember-templates).

I get the same thing -- in fact, org-annotation-helper has *never*
forced the selection of the template for me in the months I've been
using it; I've always had to select it by pressing "w". Even more
puzzling (to me, anyway), is that occasionally when I press "w" the
first time, I get nothing, but when I press it the second time, I get
the template, complete with a "w" keyed in at point.

> When I say "w" and force the choice, the
> contents of the buffer are not what I expect: I get the time stamp
> from %u, and the link from %c, but *not* the selection from %i.

When I use the %i variable in the template, I get the same thing you
describe -- the selection doesn't show up in the note created from the
template. When I use "%:region" instead of "%i", it does show up as
expected.

--John

--
John Rakestraw