[Orgmode] new functionality for org-publish.el

From: Manuel Hermenegildo
Subject: [Orgmode] new functionality for org-publish.el
Date: Mon, 26 May 2008 01:33:59 +0200

Dear Carsten,

I send a few more patches for org-publish.el (against 6.04b/git):

- I saw that the "include-list" functionality, which I find very
  useful, was not implemented. I think this does what you want (at
  least it works for me:

451a452,456
>     (mapc (lambda (f)
>           (pushnew
>            (expand-file-name (concat base-dir f))
>            org-publish-temp-files))
>         include-list)

- In the web index generated automatically for a project the name of
  the files are used as descriptors in the index. It seems nicer to
  use the actual title in the file if available. This works for me:

600c609,613
<       (let ((fn (file-name-nondirectory file)))
---
>       (let ((fn
>              ;; (file-name-nondirectory file)
>              (substring (expand-file-name file)
>                         (length (expand-file-name dir)))
>              ))
604c617
<                           (file-name-sans-extension fn)
---
>                           (org-publish-find-title (concat dir fn))
608a622,634
> (defun org-publish-find-title (file)
>   "Find the title of file in project."
>   (save-excursion
>     (set-buffer (find-file-noselect file))
>     (let* ((opt-plist (org-combine-plists (org-default-export-plist)
>                                         (org-infile-export-plist))))
>       (or (plist-get opt-plist :title)
>         (and (not
>               (plist-get opt-plist :skip-before-1st-heading))
>              (org-export-grab-title-from-buffer))
>         (file-name-sans-extension file)))))

- Finally, I find it useful to have a "completion-function" in
  addition to a "preparation-function". I use it for, e.g., changing
  the permissions of the generated files in the remote site.  It can
  be done for each individual file by adding it to the
  :publishing-function list, but it looked more tedious to program and
  would be slower when publising remotely.

571a577,578
>           (completion-function (plist-get project-plist
>                                           :completion-function))
576c583,585
<        (org-publish-file file project))))
---
>        (org-publish-file file project))
>        (when completion-function (funcall completion-function))
>        ))

I also send at the end of the message the patched version of
org-publish.el for sanity check.

Cheers,

Manuel

P.S. I have not used git extensively, but if you prefer me to send you
the patches using git I can give it a try next time.

;;; org-publish.el --- publish related org-mode files as a website
;; Copyright (C) 2006, 2007, 2008  Free Software Foundation, Inc.