1-way syncing with google calendar (was Re: [Orgmode] .ics export violat

From: Adam Spiers
Subject: 1-way syncing with google calendar (was Re: [Orgmode] .ics export violates RFC2445)
Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 23:25:15 +0100

On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 10:55:57PM +0100, Adam Spiers wrote:
> I'm going to restart gcaldaemon shortly - if it works then orgmode can
> boast unidirectional non-interactive syncing with google calendar! (as
> opposed to repeatedly importing an .ics file manually, which is very
> tedious).

Hooray, it works!  org-icalendar-force-UID + gcaldaemon gives nice
unidirectional non-interactive syncing with google calendar.  Here's a
snippet from the log:

   DEBUG | Updating event ( test thing!) in Google Calendar...
   DEBUG | Synchronization finished.
   DEBUG | Starting Google Calendar synchronizer...
   DEBUG | Connecting to Google...

   [snipped]

   DEBUG | Found event (S: NEXT [#C] feedbac...) in Google Calendar by 5
concordant property.
   DEBUG | Found event (S: NEXT [#A] tax ret...) in Google Calendar by 4
concordant property.
   DEBUG | Found event (DL: NEXT [#A] tax re...) in Google Calendar by 4
concordant property.

   [snipped]

   DEBUG | Found event ( unavailable all mor...) in Google Calendar by 4
concordant property.
   DEBUG | Found event ( RX6RSCQUGQXIDYWT) in Google Calendar by 4 concordant
property.
   DEBUG | Found event ( 6ZB7TTBGS3NQI9S9) in Google Calendar by 4 concordant
property.
   DEBUG | Found event (S: NEXT [#A] ring Ri...) in Google Calendar by 4
concordant property.
   DEBUG | Found event (S: WAITING [#B] book...) in Google Calendar by 4
concordant property.
   DEBUG | Found event (S: DONE [#A] try to ...) in Google Calendar by 5
concordant property.
   DEBUG | Found event (S: CANCELLED [#A] ph...) in Google Calendar by 4
concordant property.
   DEBUG | Found event (DL: WAITING [#B] boo...) in Google Calendar by 4
concordant property.
   DEBUG | Found event (S: NEXT [#B] new sof...) in Google Calendar by 4
concordant property.
   DEBUG | Found event (S: PROJECT [#B] balc...) in Google Calendar by 4
concordant property.
   DEBUG | Updating event (S: PROJECT [#B] balc...) in Google Calendar...
   DEBUG | Updating event (S: CANCELLED [#A] ph...) in Google Calendar...
   DEBUG | Updating event (S: NEXT [#A] tax ret...) in Google Calendar...
   DEBUG | Updating event (DL: NEXT [#A] tax re...) in Google Calendar...
   DEBUG | Synchronization finished.

gcaldaemon has a very nice intuitive GUI config editor.  The only
gotcha I found was that I had to hack the shell wrappers to use a
newer java binary than the one on my default path.