Re: [Orgmode] Re: Using column view on a sparse tree displaying only a f

From: Adam Spiers
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Using column view on a sparse tree displaying only a few tags.
Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 16:15:45 +0100

On Fri, Apr 04, 2008 at 12:28:32PM +0200, Carsten Dominik wrote:
> On Apr 3, 2008, at 10:54 PM, Jose Robins wrote:
> >Thanks Bernt, that works!
> >However the only thing is that I've defined COLUMNS for the whole
> >file using the #+COLUMNS keyword at the top of the file. I guess
> >those properties are not being considered in the column view on the
> >agenda buffer. It comes up with the default column properties.... I
> >guess the only way is to redefine the standard column properties, so
> >that the column properties that I want are displayed in the agenda
> >view as well...
>
> This is now fixed.  Column view in the agenda will now use the
> column format appropriate for the entry at point, or for the first
> entry in the agenda view.  I.e. it will go back to the original
> buffer and take the format from a property, a COLUMNS line, or, if
> these fail, from the default set in org-columns-default-format'.
>
> This change is up in the git repo.

Is there a regression here, or am I doing something wrong?  I have

#+COLUMNS: %TODO %3PRIORITY %40ITEM(Task) %17Effort(ETC){:} CLOCKSUM(Taken)
%TAGS(Tags)

near the bottom of one of my four agenda files, but when I look at the
agenda and turn on column view, it still uses org-columns-default-format.
This is with a fairly recent git pull.