Re: [Orgmode] Re: 1-way syncing with google calendar

From: Adam Spiers
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: 1-way syncing with google calendar
Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 21:55:42 +0100

On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 10:08:48PM +0900, David Smith wrote:
> "Tim O'Callaghan" <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > Cool - just caught up with this.
> >
> > If you check the archives i had a very basic google->org solution using w3.
> >
> > I stopped using it when i moved back to Emacs, guess its time to dig it out
> > :)
>
> I'm currently building something similar using g-client which is much
> easier to integrate with the emacs calendar. It should also be able to
> do two-way sync without an external daemon. I just haven't found a good
> way to integrate it with the agenda. Anyone have experience with it?

No, but please let us know as soon as you have something worth
testing!  For google->org, I was thinking that you would need to
impose some structure on the org representation of events, so that it
was clear algorithmically where to insert new events within the org
buffer that were only on the google side prior to syncing.  A simple

* <2008-05-30 Fri> foo
* <2008-05-31 Sat> bar
* <2008-06-01 Sun> baz

or