Re: [Orgmode] archival mirroring source headline structure?

From: Adam Spiers
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] archival mirroring source headline structure?
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2008 12:52:03 +0100

On Mon, Jun 09, 2008 at 09:01:22AM +0200, Dominik, C. wrote:
> Hi Adam,
>
> I agree that this would be nice, but I believe it is almost impossible
> to make this stable.  Because the user is free to add to and change
> the tree in the Org buffer, it is very easy to break this mechanism.

If I understand you correctly, I don't actually view this as breakage.
If I have

* A
** B
** C

and I archive B, then rename A to D, then archive C, my archive file
becomes:

* A
** B
* D
** C

which is exactly what I want.  Likewise if I were to relocate A to a
different level rather than rename it.  Am I missing something?

I'll try `org-agenda-archive-to-archive-sibling' as suggested by
Manuel.  Incidentally I notice that this function appears to be
undocumented.

Thanks both!