[Orgmode] iCal export of repeated tasks

From: Adam Spiers
Subject: [Orgmode] iCal export of repeated tasks
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 11:17:15 +0100

Currently, if I have a repeated task such as

* NEXT [#B] water plants
  SCHEDULED: <2008-06-16 Mon 10:30-10:45 .+1w>

then iCal export includes something like this in the VEVENT:

RRULE:FREQ=WEEKLY;INTERVAL=1

For most repeated tasks, this is a perfectly sensible default.
However, for a task of this nature, I only want to see the next
occurrence show up in my calendar client - any more just clutters up
the monthly view.  So I would suggest that there should be an option
to control whether the repeated occurrences get exported.  Even better
if you could limit this to only apply to certain types of repeat;
maybe having it only apply to the 'battery charging' type of renewable
events denoted by '.+' would make a sensible default?