Re: [Orgmode] FR: headline iteration API

From: Adam Spiers
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] FR: headline iteration API
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 12:06:23 +0100

On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 08:57:39AM +0200, Dominik, C. wrote:
> Hi Adam and others,
>
> I do like the idea of an API to iterate of entries and outline trees.
> For now, I am following this discussion to see what ideas pop up.
> When I find the time, something will be implemented.

Great.  As you can see from my other post, another use case just
popped up.

Am I right in thinking that you must already have a lot of the code
for this?  Presumably agenda generation and export must both do
headline iteration in a similar manner?

Full-blown reporting would be seriously cool.  Think: pretty coloured
graphs showing how the contents of your TODO lists vary over the days,
weeks, months ... :-)  Very useful for trending, planning, ensuring
that the various areas of your life are kept in balance according to
your "30,000-50,000 foot views", as David Allen calls them.