Re: [Orgmode] FR: headline iteration API

From: Eddward DeVilla
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] FR: headline iteration API
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 12:15:11 -0500

Are the functions behind C-c C-N, C-c C-p, C-c C-f, C-c C-b & C-c C-u
available?  Seems you could add a function for going to the first
child.  As long as that, C-c C-f & C-c C-b all return something to let
you know there isn't a next, this should be pretty complete.

I guess all you would need would be the following functions which
would move to the correct place or return something to say there isn't
a next/parent/child/sibling etc to signal the end of iteration.

 - doc traversal
    - first-item
      Go to the first item in the file.
    - current-item
      Go to the beginning of the item containing the cursor.
    - next-item
      Go to the item after the current one.
    - previous-item
      Go to item before the current one

 - tree traversal
    - parent-item
      Go to the parent item of the current item
    - first-child-item
      Go to the first item contained in the current item
    - next-sibling-item
      Go to the next item that has the same parent
    - previous-sibling-item
      Go to the previous item that has the same parent

This ought to be enough to try to implement anything else on top of
it.  Did I miss something?

Edd