[Orgmode] Bug in export to iCal : one solution

From: Paul R
Subject: [Orgmode] Bug in export to iCal : one solution
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 21:23:20 +0200

I finaly tracked in down, while sitting in the train. I hope I'll have
enough battery life to give explaination here, and that I'll find some
wireless spot tonight to send this report.

Here is a simplified stack of exporting to ical :

- org-export-icalendar-combine-agenda-files
`- org-export-icalendar
 `- org-print-icalendar-entries
  `- (org-diary-to-ical-string sexp-buffer) in org-exp.el:3791

A look at org-diary-to-ical-string shows :
,----
| (defun org-diary-to-ical-string (frombuf)
|   "Get iCalendar entries from diary entries in buffer FROMBUF.
|   This uses the icalendar.el library."
`----

then at the end of this function :
     (kill-buffer frombuf)

This line is incriminated. Although I have a very limited
understanding of how the export procedure works, I think it can be
replaced by something like :
     (with-current-buffer frombuf (erase-buffer))

or, the "ical-tmp" buffer should be re-created by some mean in the
loop.

I don't understand how it can work for some people, though ... :)

--
      Paul