Re: [Orgmode] Narrow to subtree and widen again - missing documentation

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Narrow to subtree and widen again - missing documentation
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 14:15:49 +0200

On Jun 4, 2008, at 4:38 PM, Harri Kiiskinen wrote:

Hello all,

I just spent some time trying to find out, how to get back to the whole buffer after having narrowed in to a subtree ('org-narrow-to- subtree', C-x n s). I could not find any hints in the documentation as to how to return to the whole buffer. A search of the mailing list hinted, that the right word to use in this context might be "widen", and then I found the corresponding function 'widen' with the key C-x n w. This does not appear anywhere in the documentation (search through the one-page online html does not find the word "widen" at all), nor on the reference card, where a logical place for it would be after the narrow buffer -command in "Structure Editing".

I realise that this is not an Org-function, but a part of the Emacs internals (I guess), but the documentation might still point to it.

I have added tis piece of info to the manual and to the reference card. Thanks for your feedback.

But how do I clean the buffer after sparse tree by criteria - selection ( C-c / )?

What do you mean by "clean".

You can use `C-c C-a' to show everything, or S-TAB once or several times to cycle through global visibility states.

HTH

- Carsten