[Orgmode] Installing over snapshot on ubuntu gnu/linux system

From: Alan E. Davis
Subject: [Orgmode] Installing over snapshot on ubuntu gnu/linux system
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 17:34:33 +1000

I have a few questions about installing org-mode over an emacs-snapshot on Ubuntu GNU/Linux.  I have been doing this by trial and error, and while it's been working I am not sure I have all the bits correctly worked out.  First, how to edit the Makefile for the purpose.

The package emacs-snapshot is installed in /usr .  Does that suggest prefix=/usr ?

The lispdir---is this my local repository, where I've unpacked the tar.gz file?  (I am specifying this directory in my load path).  Or is it the snapshot install lisp directory?

I have similar questions for the info file.  So far I've been just copying it into /usr/share/info/emacs-snapshot (or similar).

Thank you for any suggestions/pointers.

Alan Davis

--
Alan Davis, Kagman High School, Saipan address@hidden

"It's never a matter of liking or disliking ..."
---Santa Ynez Chumash Medicine Man

"We have no art. We do everything as well as we can." ---Balinese saying