Re: [Orgmode] Timezone Support

From: Eddward DeVilla
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Timezone Support
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 21:54:19 -0500

I found this in an old drafts folder.  I just thought I send it in
case anyone still cared.

On Jan 17, 2008 10:06 AM, Russell Adams <address@hidden> wrote:
> Would it be practical to extend the time format to include TZ data
> (ie: -06:00 ?). Otherwise I'll pick a TZ as standard and just mentally
> convert from there.

I had an idea come to mind if someone with the elisp-fu wanted to do
it.  You could put a flag in the file that gives the timezone the file
is in.  Say #+TIMEZONE: ... or something.  Then write a function that
will convert all the timestamps in the file from the timezone in the
#+ option to the current timezone and update the #+ to reflect the new
timezone.  Org-mode wouldn't even have to be aware of this.  You could
call it from a hook when you open org-mode files.  If there is no
timezone specification you don't convert the file.  It could probably
be an extension.

Edd