Re: [Orgmode] html publish/export

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] html publish/export
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 15:51:51 -0700

On Jul 14, 2008, at 3:43 PM, Richard G Riley wrote:

On Jul 14, 2008, at 9:18 AM, Richard G Riley wrote:

Is it possible for the publish functions to work without actually
opening published files into buffers? I get a lot of buffers opening
and
closing and often disappearing altogether (ie closed) after a
publish -
even though I was in that file and editing it before I published. In
addition, opening the files into "visible" buffers triggers mode
specifics to kick in like nxhtml mode which significantly increases
the
publish time. Is it necessary?

Hi Richard,

I don't the why you'd want to hand-edit a file that is automatically
created
by the publishing process, so I don't really understand that part.

I meant it opens the other project org files as buffers. In addition, I guess it creates temporary "real buffers" for its exported html files -
it is these that trigger the nxhtml load etc.

Yes, I understand this part.  And will try to fix it.

Frequently the org file I was editing when I publish is closed by the
publish functions.

Ah, you are talking about the or files. OK, this clearly is a bug. Thanks.

- Carsten

I guess we could avoid setting nxhtml mode for the created files and
remove the buffers when publishing.

- Carsten