Re: [Orgmode] Re: agenda files separation

From: Adam Spiers
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: agenda files separation
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 15:54:09 +0100

Bernt Hansen (address@hidden) wrote:
> "D. Kapetanakis" <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > Since like most of us I live a double or triple life I would like to
> > have a separation of the agenda files. I mean that I have one org-file
> > for work with all the todo items, projects etc, one for my personal
> > study, books I want to read, songs I want to learn to play etc, for
> > home, for my kids and the list goes on...
> >
> > But I would like them to appear in different agenda views, i.e. at work
> > only the work file, or if I want to see how my other projects are going
> > to see that only. If I use all of them together, they look very messy
> > and cluttered.
> >
> > Any ideas?
>
> If you have your projects split into groups by file you can limit the
> agenda view to that single file with C-a a 1 a

Or if you have multiple files for work, multiple for personal use
etc., you can use categories for this, e.g. put this in all personal
files:

  #+CATEGORY: personal

Then your agenda custom commands etc. can filter via
CATEGORY="personal".  It's a bit of a pain configuring each custom
command with this, but it works fine.