Re: [Orgmode] Mac OS, emacs->org/remember

From: Madhu Rao
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Mac OS, emacs->org/remember
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 10:39:49 +0530

Carsten, John,
        Awesome. This is huge help, works like magic. Thanks.

John, Thanks also for pointing to the FastScripts tip.

-Madhu

On 23-Jul-08, at 6:14 AM, Carsten Dominik wrote:

Great, thanks you very much.

- Carsten

On Jul 22, 2008, at 5:12 PM, John Wiegley wrote:

On Jul 22, 2008, at 7:40 PM, Carsten Dominik wrote:

I am not sure how to do this, but I am sure it can be done
with apple script.  John, do you have something for calling
raising Carbon Emacs and running remember with a Mac hotkey?

I used QuicKeys to change focus to Emacs and then invoke the org-
remember key binding.  It can also be done with Applescript, using
GUI Scripting.  The script would look something along the lines of:

tell application "Emacs" to activate

tell application "System Events"
     tell process "Emacs"
             tell front window
                     keystroke "c" using {control down}
                     keystroke "r" using {control down}
             end tell
     end tell
end tell

This switches to Emacs and invokes C-c C-r.  Change to suit your
taste.  You'll need to run AppleScript Utility.app, and check
"Enable GUI Scripting" for this to work.

You can bind this Applescript to global hotkey using the free
application "FastScripts Lite".

Good luck!

John