Re: [Orgmode] possible Bug in export-Region-as-HTML

From: Giovanni Ridolfi
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] possible Bug in export-Region-as-HTML
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 14:41:29 +0000 (GMT)

/punk: DIMyself ;-)
--- Mar 22/7/08, Giovanni Ridolfi <address@hidden> ha scritto:
> ---------- org file: ----------
>           ####  blank line here
> * first
> hi
> ** 2nd
> hello
> *** 3rd
> it's me!
> **** 4th
> bye! . .<- cursor within dots
>---------------------------------------
> 1. exports the first heading as the title of the HTML file
> :-(

If you want the exporter performs correctly,
THEN just set the mark (C-SPC) in a blank line
*before* the heading you want to export.

> 2. exports "first" as the first heading
I cannot reproduce this anymore.

>    but does *not* export the text "hi"
> 3. does not use <h2 > for defining the second level
>    i.e. "2nd"  , but <h3>

Well if the region includes another "first heading"
i.e.:
------------------
* first
 hi
** 2nd
hello
*** 3rd
* first after 3rd
it's me!
**** 4th
 bye! . .<- cursor within dots
---------------------

everything goes well:
1. corsor on "* first",
2. no title,
3. "* first" is <h2> , "** 2nd" <h3> and so on.

In conclusion I think it can be added to the documentation
of the function "org-export-region-as-html"
something like that:
"The region to be exported should begin
from a blank line before the headng of interest"

cheers,
Giovanni

      Posta, news, sport, oroscopo: tutto in una sola pagina.
Crea l&#39;home page che piace a te!
www.yahoo.it/latuapagina