Re: [Orgmode] How to produce an agenda that filters on both todo keyword

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] How to produce an agenda that filters on both todo keyword and tag?
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 15:25:09 -0700

On Jul 23, 2008, at 2:25 PM, Parker, Matthew wrote:

Hi,

I’ve read through the manual and maybe missed it but how does one
produce an agenda that filters on both a certain todo keyword and a certain tag?

Here’s the scenario:

1. Given a file setup w/ these TODO sequence keywords and tags
#+SEQ_TODO:      TODO WAITING DONE
#+TAGS:          Home(h) Work(w) Errands(e) Phone(p) Computer(c)

2. And given these headings
* TODO      xxx            :Work:
* WAITING   just this one! :Work:
* DONE      yyy            :Work:
*           zzz            :Work:

3. And given the fact that
C-c a t              gives list of all TODO, WAITING, and DONEs
C-c a T & "WAITING"  gives list of just WAITING items
C-c a m & "work"     gives list of all headings tagged w/ “work”, TODO or otherwise

The "Tags view" is really called the tags view for historical reasons.  It is really for
matching tags, properties, and TODO entries alike.  Should we rename it?  The match view?  The query view?  Proposals?

- Carsten