Re: [Orgmode] "read only buffer" message in orgmode

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] "read only buffer" message in orgmode
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 11:00:38 -0700

On Jul 23, 2008, at 3:30 AM, address@hidden wrote:

Hello,
I'm running emacs 22.2 with orgmode v. 4.67 on Windows XP, and I'm just starting to use orgmode. However, I seem to cannot go beyond a (probably) trivial problem:

[...]

(custom-set-variables
 ;; custom-set-variables was added by Custom.
'(calendar-time-display-form (quote (24-hours ":" minutes (if time- zone " (") time-zone (if time-zone ")"))))
'(diary-file "~/.emacs.d/diary")
'(org-agenda-files (quote ("~/.emacs.d/notes.org" "")))

                                                   ^^^

Most likely this is caused by the empty string in this customization.
Probably you did press the INS butten in the customize interface once too often.
Just remove it and you should be fine.

HTH

- Carsten