Re: [Orgmode] Turn on help

From: srandby
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Turn on help
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 00:31:24 -0400

Hi Sebastian,

I'm embarrassed to say that the help function works after all. I thought it didn't work because the HELP link isn't blue, it is black and the mouse doesn't indicate a link when the pointer is put on the HELP. I didn't think to try to click on it (DUH). So my only question is how do I make the HELP link blue?

I've tried this on Firefox 3 and Safari. Both give the black HELP link. I'm using v.0.0.6.9 of the script which I downloaded last week I believe. Typing '?' does show the shortcut list but the 'click here' gives a black 'here' instead of blue. You may visit my web site to see what I mean:

http://www3.uakron.edu/randby

By the way, I don't think the documentation is bad or outdated. I'm very pleased with your script and the documentation. With your script and org-mode I'm able to maintain a nice website with one text file. My old site was a pain to maintain with all of its html files. After a few hours of transferring everything (well, I'm not quite finished) to one ORG file, I have a website that is far more sophisticated than the old site. Thank you very much for such a fantastic script.

Scott Randby

Sebastian Rose wrote:
Hello Scott,

address@hidden writes:
I am using the org-info.js script when I export an ORG file to html. Everything
works great except I can't figure out how to turn on the help function so that
the HELP link is active. I've looked through the org-info.js documentation (in
which the HELP link is active) and found only that the help function is turned
off by default. So how do I turn it on?

I'm sorry for the bad and outdated documentation for the script. The
HELP link should just work. It should show the same screen as when
pressing '?' i.e., the keyboard shortcuts.

Questions:

  - When did you update the script the last time?
  - Which Browser are you using?
  - What's in the third line of the script ( ... org-info.js, v.0.0...)?
  - Does '?' show the shortcut list?

Again, excuse me for the bad docs,

Sebastian