Re: [Orgmode] Tables and "combo box"

From: Sebastian Rose
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Tables and "combo box"
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 00:03:59 +0200

Hi Carlo,

I don't seem to understand what you meant realy. Could you try to
explain what you meant in more depth - maybe with an example it that
helps?

It is possible to create checkboxes in org like so:

A) in lists:

  - [ ] item 1
    + [ ] Subitem
  - [ ] item 2 (press SHIFT-RET to add another item with checkbox)

B) in Headlines

* TODO [0/3] Something with subtasks

** TODO [ ] Subtask 1
** TODO [ ] Subtask 2
** TODO [ ] Subtask 3

* TODO [0%] Something with subtasks

** TODO [ ] Subtask 1
** TODO [ ] Subtask 2
** TODO [ ] Subtask 3

In a headline or item with checkbox C-c C-c toggles the state between
[ ] and [X]

==== Getting help by info =====

Is this what you where searching for? There is a great documentation for
org. Try

     C-h i
     C-s org
     RET RET

and start to read.

Tip: C-s searches through the whole info section (including all
subsections). Thus you may do

C-s checkbox

and repeat to press C-s until you reach the end of the OrgMode info
manual.

--
Sebastian Rose, Hannover, Germany
Phone: +49 173 83 93 417