[Orgmode] Re: Very slow agenda view

From: Michael Ekstrand
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Very slow agenda view
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 10:43:32 -0500

Thomas Stenhaug <address@hidden> writes:
> Michael Ekstrand <address@hidden> writes:
>> What kind/how complex is the agenda view you are trying to use?
>> Multiple tag queries with tag inheritance turned on can take noticeable
>> time, and property queries can take even longer.
>
> I'm using `org-agenda-list', and the files are quite simple, no
> properties, small amount of tags.
>
> To make certain it's none of my other customizations interfering, i just
> tried with a clean .emacs, except for the loading org-mode part.

Then I'm afraid that my advice/suggestions must be at an end; I have
only ever encountered slowness when dealing with complex agenda queries.
I'll leave it for others with more and more varied experience to try to
determine what's happening.

- Michael

--
mouse, n: A device for pointing at the xterm in which you want to type.
Confused by the strange files?  I cryptographically sign my messages.