[Orgmode] Re: Very slow agenda view

From: Rainer Stengele
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Very slow agenda view
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 23:42:19 +0200

Thomas Stenhaug schrieb:
Hi,

I'm using Org-mode 6.0.6b, on a fairly beefy box.  Building the Agenda
view is very slow, 10+ seconds for 16 files with a total of 1119
lines.  All org-files are byte-compiled.

I tried setting org-agenda-files to a single, small file just to test,
and it still took over a second to produce the agenda view.

This doesn't seem right.  Does anyone have a clue what to check?

Thomas

Hi,

thank you for bringing up the issue.
I have also been troubled by performance issues with my agenda views.

I have about 12000 lines of org text. Starting this agenda view

 ("A" agenda "prio A agenda"
         ((org-agenda-skip-function
           (lambda nil
             (org-agenda-skip-entry-if (quote notregexp) "\\=.*\\[#A\\]")))
          (org-agenda-ndays 3)
          (org-deadline-warning-days -1)
          (org-agenda-overriding-header "Today's Priority #A tasks: ")))

takes several seconds on my EmacsW32 3 GHz CPU. After changing the tag inheritance setting to nil the view shows in about 1 second! Which is good enough!

Rainer