Re: [Orgmode] Re: Feature request: Highlight the agenda line with the cu

From: Clemence Magnien
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Feature request: Highlight the agenda line with the cursor on it
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2008 10:31:15 +0200

On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 11:57:13AM -0400, Dale Smith wrote:
> "Rob Weir" <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > On 13 Aug 2008, Robert Miesen wrote:
> >> I've noticed that as I go through tasks listed in my agenda, it's
> >> very easy to select and operate on the wrong task because it's too
> >> easy to loose track of what task I am operating on. If the entire task
> >> line entry were highlighted, it would be much easier to determine
> >> which task was being operated on.
> >
> > Not built-in, but:
> >
> > ,----
> > | (add-hook 'org-agenda-mode-hook '(lambda () (hl-line-mode 1)))
> > `----
> >
> > works quite well.

This is great! :)

I had to tweak it a little bit in order to make it work under xemacs in tty
mode, however. This is my setup, in case it helps others:

;hl-line seems to be only for emacs
(require 'highline)
(add-hook 'org-agenda-mode-hook '(lambda () (highline-mode 1)))

;highline-mode does not work straightaway in tty mode.
;I use a black background
(custom-set-faces
  '(highline-face ((((type tty) (class color)) (:background "white" :foreground
"black")))))

Clémence